Quit Smoking Benefits
The quit smoking benefits happen almost immediately. The food that you eat will begin to taste better, your sense of smell will return to normal and you will gradually be able to exercise or do normal chores such as taking out the trash without loss of breath and wheezing.
Besides the physical, psychological, and health benefits of quitting smoking, you will also reap the financial benefits. Just multiply the amount you spend on smoking per day by 365. Add to that the higher costs of health and life insurance because you were a smoker.
To better help you to stop smoking cigarettes there are a number of free quit smoking programs to get you healthy and smoke-free. These programs educate you on smoking cessation medications and also products such as stop smoking herbs.
Health Benefits of Quit Smoking
The health benefits of quitting smoking continue for the rest of your life. Here is an example of what you can expect when you quit smoking cigarettes:
- 20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure drops.
- 12 hours after quitting: The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
- Two weeks to three months after quitting: Your circulation improves and your lung function increases.
- One to nine months after quitting: Coughing and shortness of breath decrease; cilia (tiny hair-like structures that move mucus out of the lungs) regain normal function in the lungs, increasing the ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, and reduce the risk of infection.
- One year after quitting: The excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker's.
- Five years after quitting: Your stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker 5 to 15 years after quitting.
- 10 years after quitting: The lung cancer death rate is about half that of a continuing smoker's. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix, and pancreas decreases.
- 15 years after quitting: The risk of coronary heart disease is that of a nonsmoker's.
Benefits of Quit Smoking
Another quit smoking benefit is that you will become more socially accepted by not having to smoke outside of the place where you work, or out on the porch of a friend's home. You will also prevent your second hand smoke from harming those around you. Check out our recommended product to start you on the road to freedom from nicotine today.Top-recommended nicotine-free aids to help you kick the habit for good.