Stop Smoking Herbs
When people think of methods to stop smoking they usually think of nicotine replacement treatments, which include nicotine gum, the transdermal patch, nicotine nasal spray and an inhaler. These treatments use nicotine in small doses to help you with your treatment for nicotine addiction.
Others think of the pill form of stop smoking products such as Chantix, Wellbutrin and Zyban, which must be prescribed by a doctor. As the harmful side effects associated with many prescription medications cause alarm for the general population, a number of consumers seek to cure what ails them by using all natural herbal treatments. For this reason, many smokers desiring to kick the nicotine habit are now using herbs to stop smoking. Below you find some helpful information regarding today's top stop smoking herbs.
Herbs that Help to Stop Smoking
There are many herbs to help stop smoking on the market. Herbal stop smoking products use a blend of herbs to help you defeat the withdrawals, cravings and other side effects you may suffer due to your addiction to nicotine. Herbs to help stop smoking depend on natural ingredients such as:
Quite possibly the most effective stop smoking herb around, the Lobelia herb is hugely successful because of its ability to mimic the effect of nicotine on the brain without being addictive. This is largely due to its primary active ingredient, lobeline. With this in mind, today's leading herbal stop smoking products include Lobelia as a chief ingredient in their formulas. Those using herbs to stop smoking can virtually guarantee their success with the incorporation of the Lobelia plant.
Using More Herbs to Stop Smoking
If you're using herbs to stop smoking, then you may find it necessary to round out your regimen with a few other herbals that help you recover from the side effects common with chronic smokers.
- Coltsfoot, horehound, and mullein eliminate tar and other foreign substances from the lungs.
- Mimosa relieves the headaches and anxiety most smokers experience when quitting.
- Passion Flower - promotes calmness and relaxation, which will help with the irritability you may experience
- Peppermint leaf - has relaxation and detoxification powers
- Ginger root - aids in digestion and relieves the nausea that nicotine withdraw sometimes produces
- Skullcap - used in the treatment of anxiety and nervous tension
- Eleuthero Root - combats stress and fatigue and helps boost the immune system
- Elderberry Flower - protects against inflammation of the upper respiratory tract
- Echinacea Purpurea - helps stimulate the body's resistance to infection, disease, fever and blood poisoning
- Safflower - contains anti-tumor properties
Using Herbs to Stop Smoking: Final Word
If you've decided to go the herbal route to kick the nicotine habit, you could not have made a wiser choice. Using herbs to stop smoking is not only safe but can be much more effective than today's leading prescription drugs with their harmful side effects. Plus, herbal stop smoking products tend to be much more affordable than their prescription counterparts. Our recommended product incorporates all of these herbs - learn more.Top-recommended nicotine-free aids to help you kick the habit for good.